The EUROPEAN SCHOOL OF GENETIC MEDICINE with the UNIVERSITY RESIDENTIAL CENTER OF BERTINORO and the EUROPEAN SOCIETY OF HUMAN GENETICS organize the 29th COURSE IN MEDICAL GENETICS.
Bertinoro di Romagna (Italy), May 8-12, 2016
Abstract: Medical Genetics is a postgraduate level course addressed to both researchers and clinicians seeking an up-to-date overview of the field of medical genetics today. Morning sessions will provide an overall view of the clinical developments which are taking place in the major application fields of modern genetics in different medical specialties while afternoon concurrent workshops will consist in groups of students with one or more faculty and up to 15 students discussing specific research topics and research projects.
The University Residential Centre of Bertinoro www.ceub.it is located on one of the hilltops of the Romagna area, between the cities of Forlì and Cesena.
The Registration fee (€ 565,00) includes tuition, course material, lunches, coffee breaks, dinners and transportation from Bologna airport to Bertinoro on May 7th and back on May 12th.
Accommodation (€35/night) will be provided in double rooms to be shared with another participant. Students will be lodged at the Course Venue or, in case of overbooking, in hotels nearby the Centre.
The European Society of Human Genetics
www.eshg.org offers fellowships covering both registration fee and accommodation. Applicants for fellowships should submit their request together with CV and a reference letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Deadline for sending applications: March 12th, 2016 at 18.00 (Bruxelles Time). You’ll receive a notification of acceptance (or non acceptance) by mail within March, 31st.
Deadline for sending Abstracts for posters: April 19th, 2016 18.00 (Bruxelles Time). Please send your abstract to email@example.com
All participants are encouraged to present a poster. All abstracts will be accepted.
This year the course will offer a special opportunity for high school students to attend the last lecture and to be actively involved in the program through the Guglielmo Project.
All Medical Genetics’ students who wish to participate in the “Guglielmo Project” are offered accommodation for an extra night (May 12th, leaving on May 13th) to be “instructors” for the high school guests.
The Guglielmo Project aims at increasing the knowledge about human genetics and genetic disease among the young, testing new communication techniques between physicians and users of genetic medicine, and introducing new high-qualification courses for students from secondary school.
For more detailed information see the attached document “The Guglielmo Project”.
Useful information about your registration online:
– in the “ID CODE” field or in the “VAT NUMBER” field: if you don’t have it, please write 0000;
– in the “BILLING ADDRESS” field: you are required to indicate your surname/name or institution. Only one field is admitted;
– in the “NOTE” field: please specify the name of your roommate. Otherwise the organization will arrange the combination.
Please take note that:
– If your arrival/departure schedule is different from the available options, please contact:firstname.lastname@example.org . Payment for extra nights can be completed on site during your staying in Bertinoro (€35,00/per night/per person);
– If you’d like to stay in a single room, please contact: email@example.com . Single room occupancy is subject to availability. The extra cost for a single room is €15,00 per night and can be paid on site;
– If you travel with a companion who is not attending the course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
TO CONTINUE WITH THE REGISTRATION CLICK THE BOTTOM “BOOK ONLINE”